The One Less Spark, One Less Wildfire Weather Forecaster Toolkit with fire weather reporting ideas for all media is available and ready for use.
Components of the Toolkit include:
- Ideas for newspaper (traditional and on-line) , radio, and television weather reporters to connect forecasts with fire danger
- Examples of weather reports containing fire safety messages
- Commonly used terminology to enhance understanding thereby accurately describing terms to the public while forecasting
- Examples of messages that can be used during weather reporting to help the public understand fire weather terminology
- Short, simple, and catchy phrases that can be easily inserted into forecasts
- Links to websites to further enhance wildland fire weather information.
Sponsors include: California Wildfire Coordinating Group Prevention Subcommittee. Member agencies of the CWCG include; US Forest Service, CAL FIRE, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Cal OES, Caltrans, CAL Fire Safe Councils, Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service .
The Toolkit is attached and can also be downloaded from: http:/www.preventwildfireca.org/OneLessSpark/. Please give us feedback about your thoughts and use of the Toolkit.